Your costs may be eligible for reimbursement – We can show you how.

Call Us: 778-433-4925

You could recoup up to 64% of eligible employee costs, up to 42% of material costs and up to 33% of sub-contractor costs.

Home / SR&ED Blog / News / Filing SRED claims in the Right Province

Filing SRED claims in the Right Province

Sometimes a company will have project work done in another province than the one in which it is situated. If that is your company, make sure that any SRED claim is filed for the province in which the work was done. For example, a Calgary company that claims SRED work that was done for them by a Kelowna contractor must file a BC claim form for that work. The Alberta form doesn’t cut it.

Filing the wrong form is not a serious problem if the error is noticed and corrected before the filing deadline, but often a claim is filed close to the 18-month deadline and by the time someone tells the applicant that the provincial credit is not being paid out because the work was not done in the province for which the claim was made, it is past the deadline – too late to make an effective provincial claim.

Want to discuss where your SRED claim should be filed? Get in touch.

Related Information

SR&ED Claim Reviews

What is the likelihood of changing a CRA reviewer’s mind after they have made a proposal about your claim?  We have seen such a change occur, more than once, but such a result is a minority outcome.

read more

Eligible SR&ED Costs

The in-person review of your SRED claim involves determining whether you did eligible work, and then if it is decided that you did, a reviewer makes a decision as to what it cost, i.e.: what expenditure amounts are eligible.

read more