Your costs may be eligible for reimbursement – We can show you how.

Call Us: 778-433-4925

You could recoup up to 64% of eligible employee costs, up to 42% of material costs and up to 33% of sub-contractor costs.

Home / SR&ED Blog / News / Filing SRED claims in the Right Province

Filing SRED claims in the Right Province

Sometimes a company will have project work done in another province than the one in which it is situated. If that is your company, make sure that any SRED claim is filed for the province in which the work was done. For example, a Calgary company that claims SRED work that was done for them by a Kelowna contractor must file a BC claim form for that work. The Alberta form doesn’t cut it.

Filing the wrong form is not a serious problem if the error is noticed and corrected before the filing deadline, but often a claim is filed close to the 18-month deadline and by the time someone tells the applicant that the provincial credit is not being paid out because the work was not done in the province for which the claim was made, it is past the deadline – too late to make an effective provincial claim.

Want to discuss where your SRED claim should be filed? Get in touch.

Related Information

Disputing a SR&ED Review

Once the CRA reviewers have looked over your claim and received as much of the requested information that they think they are likely to get, they will either accept the claim as filed, or they will write a proposal to amend the claim.

read more

Reviewing your SR&ED Claim

Once your SR&ED claim is filed (within 18 months of the corporation’s year-end…..NO exceptions), CRA processes it. The initial review is a computer-assisted one that assigns a risk assessment score based on the wording and financial info provided.

read more